Review for our Outstanding Partners

Best Partner

Jangem`s Hanbok Walking around Suwon wearing traditional Hanbok of Janggeum's Workshop

• KOREA TOUR CARD(basic)
  • Experiences
  • Gyeonggi Suwon-si
While studying in Korea, I often use my Korea Tour Card. I don’t have to hassle to buy tickets and is not foreigners’ privilege to use the bus and subways, and get discounts on various tourist attractions and cultural experience?

Korea Tour Card, the key solution of transportation and experience!

I looked up the benefits of Korea Tour Card while asking the question, “Is there anywhere near Suwon, where I can have a different experience?” Then ‘Janggeum's Workshop’ popped up, where I could try hanbok, which caught my eyes. I already had the experience in Seoul, and I was very excited about this time since I was satisfied with the experience of taking pictures wearing colorful hanbok. With the Korea Tour Card in one hand, I took a subway to Suwon Station. From there I rode the taxi for about 10 minutes and arrived at Janggeum's Workshop.

Feel the real essence of the beauty with hanbok, I’m the SNS influencer today!

When I entered Janggeum's Workshop, my eyes were delighted by the enormous amount of hanbok. It was really hard to choose one because the Janggeum's Workshop was filled with hanboks of various colors and designs, but the staff helped me as if she had read my mind. There were staff who could help out in English, Chinese, and Japanese, so I thought that foreigners would be able to use it easily. Please note that currently there are no information staff in the store due to COVID-19. The staff gave me  a note that the trend these days is soft-colored hanbok so I chose white and yellow green hanbok. Doesn’t it look good on me? I showed her the Korea Tour Card, and was very satisfied with the benefit of a 2,000 won discount on the rental fee. 

While wearing the beautiful hanbok, I couldn’t wait to go out and take pictures! I went to Suwon Hwaseong, which was near Janggeum’s Workshop, to take a photo with an atmosphere in accordance with the calm concept of the hanbok. In particular, I wanted to visit Banghwasuryujeong, which is rising as a dating course in Suwon. 

Banghwasuryujeong, a serene scene located in the center of the city 

Banghwasuryujeong, where the traditional atmosphere of Korea and the beauty of nature harmonized, was more beautiful than I expected. How didn’t I know this place even though I lived in Suwon! The harmony of the large pond, the fortress wall that took advantage of the curves of the hill, and the fortress standing tall at the end was really beautiful. I took a walk along Yongyeon Pond, went up to Banghwasuryujeong, then went down and up again to Hwahongmun.  

Let's become a historical character wearing hanbok in Hwaseong Haenggung!

After a quick rest due to the hot weather, I headed toward Hwaseong Haenggung. Quick advice: you can enter Hwaseong Haenggung for free if you are wearing a hanbok. Don’t forget!

Hwaseong Haenggung was the place where the kings of the Joseon Dynasty stayed. Not only is it large and beautiful, but it was also used as a filming location for the famous K-drama, ‘Dae Jang Geum’, so there were many places to take pictures.

Ta-da! This is the suragan that is shown in the Dae Jang Geum series! I remember watching the whole series because I really like K-dramas, and it was amazing to see actual scenes placed in front of me. After taking a picture at Suwon Hwaseong, I headed back to the Workshop street to return my hanbok. Oh dear, too excited at strolling around with a hanbok, I had missed out having a look around the Workshop street! I had a quick tour having fun looking at the cute props and colorful souvenirs.

If you want to walk around the old palace wearing a beautiful hanbok, why don’t you bring your Korea Tour Card and head to Janggeum’s Workshop right now?  

Jangem`s Hanbok 홈페이지

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits - 10% discount on hanbok rental tickets
  • Fare
    (benefit price)

1 hour course 12,000 won→10,000 won / 3 hour course 32,000 won→30,000 won 

• Address 36, Haenggung-ro 26beon-gil, Paldal-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do
  • Inquiry +82 70-7783-3175
  • 이용시간 10:00~18:00 / Closed on Mondays
  • Closed days

Please inquire about holidays for more details 

• Transportation

Suwon Station Line 1  > Get on (bus 66, bus 82-1) at Suwon Station.AK Plaza > Get off at Paldamun.Suwon Baik Hospital (about 15 minutes) > Walk 10 minutes 

• Reminders

-

Places you may visit

• Suwon Hwaseong 홈페이지
    • Suwon Hwaseong, the world's first planned new city, is regarded as the highlight of Korea's fortress culture, and is an integration of all abilities and technologies that can be mobilized at the time. 

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits

-

• Address 320-2, Yeonghwa-dong, Jangan-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
    • Inquiry

+82 31-290-3600 

• Suwon I-Park Museum of Art 홈페이지
    • Suwon I-Park Museum of Art is a cultural space where the identity of Suwon art’s identity is established, art culture developed, and Suwon citizens expand opportunities to enjoy high-quality exhibitions. 

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits

50% discount on entrance fee  

• Address 833, Jeongjo-ro, Paldal-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
    • Inquiry

+82 31-228-3800