Review for our Outstanding Partners

Best Partner

Hwajinpo Aquarium A Time for Discovering My Own Color and Individuality - Villa de Murir

• KOREA TOUR CARD(basic)
  • Performance & Exhibition
  • Gangwon Goseong-gun

Isn't the diverse experience of K-culture one of the best things about traveling in Seoul? In Garosu-gil, a gathering place for Korea's fashion, beauty, and popular restaurants, is "Villa de Murir". Villa de Murir is a beauty shop where customers can enjoy shopping for cosmetics, studio photography, and cafes all in one location. I visited Villa de Murir, fascinated by its motto of "Finding My Own Beauty".

Easy travel in Seoul with the KOREA TOUR CARD!

I used the KOREA TOUR CARD to take the subway, and arrived at Sinsa Station. Sinsa's Garosu-gil, known as the mecca of luxury brand shops, spa brands, boutiques, and studios, is located in the vicinity of Gangnam, the setting of the popular song "Gangnam Style", and is a must-visit tourist attraction for anyone who wants an experience of K-beauty. I came out Exit 7 of Sinsa Station, took a look around Garosu-gil, and walked about ten minutes to arrive at Villa de Murir.

Welcome to Villa de Murir!

Alright everyone, get ready to take pictures! Right after entering Villa de Murir, I couldn't miss the chance to take selfies at the photo spot. I looked around the garden that was filled with bright colors and sculptures, then went inside.

Entering Villa de Murir, I stepped into a world full of pink hues. Like the beauty shop that it is, the building was filled with sparkly and fragrant items. It felt like a reenactment of a princess's powder room.  

"Murir" is French for blossoming flowers or the stages of maturity of humans. "Villa de Murir", which incorporates these meanings, is a brand that helps customers to find beauty and blossom. Now I'll go to find my own beauty, too!

What is a K-beauty item that suits my color?

At the "Beauty Select Shop" on the first floor of Villa de Murir are Murir products as well as makeup products of various brands. Until now, I had insisted on using only the cosmetic products that I was familiar with, but after shopping in Korea, I found myself attracted to the bold colors. While wondering which colors would look nice on me, a staff member who was fluent in English came and helped me shop. Thanks to them, I was able to choose a product that suited me perfectly. Villa de Murir provides staff members who are fluent in English, Chinese, and Japanese, and it was really convenient to be able to ask them any questions that I had.

At Villa de Murir, you can also get makeup by concept. Advance reservations are required for this. I liked the fact that the makeup was done by making use of the charms of each customer receiving makeup, and I was very pleased with the results! The recommended tips gave me the confidence to become a makeup expert! I would like to visit there again next time and try a different concept of makeup. The thought of discovering another side of me already makes me feel good.

Take a photo of your new look

The ‘Open Studio’ on the first floor is open to the public for free when there is no shooting schedule. After putting on makeup, I wanted to take a pretty photo, so I took photos in the studio. It is said that actual content shooting is possible in the open studio decorated with cute props and bright backgrounds. However, if you want to shoot content, you need to make a reservation in advance.

The first benefit of the Korea Tour Card, genuine cosmetics!

Did you bring your Korea Tour Card? You can receive genuine cosmetics by presenting your Korea Tour Card when purchasing cosmetics over 50,000 won at Villa de Murir’s “Select Shop”. As I put various and creative cosmetics one by one, my shopping cart became full! Thanks to Korea Tour Card, my dressing table has become more complete!

The second benefit of the Korea Tour Card, free drink coupons!

Next to the select shop, there is also a café with a unique and sensual atmosphere that targets my taste. You can get a free drink coupon by purchasing cosmetics over 30,000 won at the select shop and presenting your Korea Tour Card, so you should try it, right? If you are worried about the variety of menus, I recommend trying Villa de Murir’s signature seasonal drink!

The third benefit of the Korea Tour Card, from a drink discount at an atmospheric café

With the Korea Tour Card, you can get a 30% discount on drinks at Villa de Murir’s café without purchasing cosmetics. After ordering a Blooming Aid filled with flower-shaped ice on the first floor, I moved to the café on the second floor. Isn’t the café interior decorated in pink colour really atmospheric? Thanks to the Korea Tour Card, I was able to get a discount and it was a more enjoyable experience.

Hwajinpo Aquarium

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits - temporary closure
  • Fare
    (benefit price)

-

• Address 412, Hwajinpo-gil, Hyeonnae-myeon, Goseong-gun, Gangwon State
  • Inquiry +82 33-680-3674
  • 이용시간 09:00-18:00, Winter 09:00-17:30
  • Closed days

For closed days, visit the website 

• Transportation

10-minute walk from Sinsa Station Exit 7 

• Reminders

Make a reservation for visits of two or more or on weekends 

Places you may visit

• SMTOWN CAFE (Cheongdam) 홈페이지
    • This is a highly recommended travel course for anyone who appreciates K-pop. Drinks are served in cups brimming with the characteristics of K-pop stars. How would you like to visit the SMTOWN CAFÉ and experience K-pop? 

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits

10% discount on SMTOWN CAFE food (Cheongdam Station) * Excluding showcase desserts 

• Address 1F, SM Communication center, 648, Samseongro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
    • Inquiry

+82 2-6240-7799 

• Banpo Hangang Park
    • If you're looking for an energetic and romantic atmosphere, visit Banpo Hangang Park. Enjoy the river breeze while riding a bicycle in the daytime, and enjoy relaxation in the evening while watching the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain. Banpo Hangang Park is a location that is loved by both Korean natives and foreign travelers. 

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits

-

• Address 40, Sinbanpo-ro 11-gil, Seocho-gu, Seoul (115-5 Banpo-dong)
    • Inquiry

+82 2-3780-0541